I wanted to share a few of my favorite ways to use Frankincense oil. Actually, there are a lot more ways than 8 for using Frankincense.
1. Mood uplifting. I really love the mood uplifting oils. Frankincense is very powerful this way. I generally wear it like a perfume.
2. Frankincense is great for skin care – Frankincense promotes skin regeneration, and is an excellent choice for preventing or reducing wrinkles when used topically. I personally use it neat, but some prefer to dilute it with a carrier oil.
3. Relieve Skin Itching – Apply a couple drops of Frankincense to the area of itching.
4. Relieve Pain - Rub on sore joints to relieve arthritis pain and pain from injuries.
5. Disinfect Cuts and Scrapes – Apply a drop of Frankincense to wounds to clean and disinfect.
6. Remove Warts – Apply topically to the wart. Apply a couple times a day until the wart is gone. May take a couple weeks.
7. Reduce Inflammation – Put a few drops in capsule or apply topically.
8. Strengthen Immune System – Apply to bottom of feet or take in capsule. Never take oils internally unless you are using Young Living Oils. Many oils are adulterated even though labeled 100% PURE.
Experiences with Frankincense
I had an itch on my leg that I just couldn’t get rid of. I had it for 2 or 3 years. It was so bad I scratched all the time and it formed a callous. I tried everything I could think of.
One night I was using Frankincense before bed and decided to give it a try. I applied one drop to the itch. It didn’t itch for a week afterward. So, I applied another drop…now the callous is gone, skin is normal, and if I feel an itch coming on (very infrequent now) I just apply a drop of Frankincense. — Vanessa
I have suffered with more than thirteen warts, some as big as peas, on my hands for several years. I have tried every product on the market, as well as all the home remedies I heard about, but I had no luck getting rid of them. After receiving my Young Living Essential Oils, I decided to experiment with them. I started rubbing some Spruce Oil and Frankincense Oil on them once or twice a day. After two weeks all my warts were completely gone. — Judy
I have had two planter warts for ten years on my feet, each the size of a dime. I tried a prescription medicine on them twice, with no success and much pain as it killed the skin around the entire area. After two months of applying Frankincense, they have reduce to half the size, without the pain. — Garry
I had an 8 inch surgical incision. The day the staples came out the oils went on! Twice daily, I applied Frankincense, Lavender, Helichrysum, Gentle Baby, Melrose, and Hyssop. At the time we did not have Elemi but I would have added that as well. At night before I went to sleep after applying my oils I put the highest IU vitamin E oil I could find at the health food store. Then, I put a piece of cotton material over it and secured it with adhesive tape so the vitamin E oil would soak in. I did this treatment faithfully for about 2 or 2 1/2 months and today I have absolutely no scar what so ever!!! Thank you God for Gary Young and our precious sacred oils!!! — Julie